Choosing the destination for your honeymoon is an exciting but daunting task, if ever a holiday needed to be perfect this is it! With so many places to choose and a bucket-list as long as your arm, where do you start? A good place to begin is thinking about what you want from the destination you choose and we’ve put together what we believe to be 10 important ‘must-haves’ for a honeymoon destination of your dreams – and Komandoo Maldives has them all!
– Iconic and memorable location – it doesn’t get more unforgettable than the Maldives, one of the few destinations where reality beats the glossy travel brochures get ready for your social media accounts to be on fire with ‘loves’ and ‘likes’… or for you to be silenced due to envy!
– Resort for couples – perfect for a honeymoon when you’re looking for a romantic ambience and Komandoo is an adult’s only haven, a rarity in the Maldives.
– Romantic dining options – candlelit beach dinners are the ultimate in romance and there’s fine dining at Aqua and the chance to dine under the sea at Hurawalhi Maldives’, Komandoo’s neighbouring sister resort, 5.8 Undersea Restaurant, the largest all-glass dining venue in the world.
– Couples spa treatments – award winning Duniye Spa has a range of treatments for true indulgence with some specifically aimed at couples.
– Private villas with a touch of luxury – Villas perched upon stilts over the ocean or on the beach just a few steps from the water, the choice is yours, they all offer the utmost privacy and will be your romantic bolthole for the duration of your stay.
– Sea view as standard – a holiday in the Maldives just wouldn’t be complete without a view of the countless shades of blue that is the Indian Ocean and at Komandoo you don’t need to leave the room choice to chance, they all have the much-coveted sea view.
– In-villa jacuzzi – elect a villa with a jacuzzi and you can then add a Jacuzzi Indulgence to your Gift List – a decision you won’t regret!
– Personable service – Komandoo champions are renowned for their exceptional service and you will count each other as friends by the time you depart. Expect your favourite tipple to be prepared as you enter the bar, even if you haven’t asked for it.
– Wedding gift facility – who needs pots and pans when you can have champagne breakfasts, spa treatments, dinners and adventures? The convenient Komandoo gift facility allows wedding guests, friends, and family to contribute to the amazing time you will have during your honeymoon at Komandoo by purchasing treats you have chosen or vouchers.
Download and browse the Komandoo App or visit my.komandoo.com to get a feel for the romantic adventures you can have, once you have a confirmed reservation you can pre-book your activities and build your honeymoon itinerary.