If scuba diving is your thing then Komandoo Maldives will be your place!
The team at Prodivers Komandoo will take care of all your diving needs even before you set foot on our beautiful island, just pack your certification card and logbook; use the time while you wait at the airport to complete your diver registration online – all you’ll need to do at the resort is pop into the dive center, sign the paperwork and then it’s adventures all the way.
An example of what you’ve got to look forward to:
– Orientation – Get familiar with the activities available, get comfortable with your gear and enjoy a guided tour of our amazing house reef.
– Afternoon Boat Dive – Visit a pretty underwater island full of life where schooling bannerfish, snappers, oriental sweetlips, octopus and moray eels can be found.
– 2 Tank dive boat – depart after breakfast and return for lunch with two incredible dives under your belt. The first stop could be Fushivaru Thila where mantas go to get cleaned or, with the right currents, cross Fushivaru Kandu in search of sharks. After a surface interval on the boat where you can look for dolphins, enjoy a second dive site before returning to Komandoo.
– Sunset Dive– a serene time of day to dive, watch as the daytime inhabitants find their hiding places for sleeping before the nocturnal creatures take over. This is a great time to watch hunting activity along the reef.
– Early Morning Dive – depart before sunrise and see the reef inhabitants awaken and the reef itself come alive with colour as the sun lights up the ocean.
– Scooter Intro – one of the most thrilling things you can do underwater; learn to zoom around the reef and make light work of the currents.
– Afternoon Boat Dive – Visit the Maldives’ largest green sea turtle community at Kuredu Caves, you’ll be forgiven for thinking you’re at a turtle airport with numerous turtles taking off and landing in the overhangs of the reef.
– Scooter Channel Crossing – use your newly acquired skills while crossing one of our channels with ease – with the right conditions you will be treated to a spectacular display by squadrons of eagle rays and numerous sharks, this will be a dive you’ll never forget!
– Night Dive – Experience the reef by torchlight and see the vibrant colours not visible during daylight hours. Lobsters, sleepy turtles, hunting morays and octopus make for fascinating watching. Before the end of your dive, turn off your torch, wave your arm around and watch the magical light show of the phosphorescent plankton glowing like stars in the water.
– Noon Atoll Trip – Explore further afield with a dive excursion to neighboring Noon Atoll, enjoy sunrise on the boat, spotting dolphins, visit the iconic Christmas Rock plus another stunning site. The perfect finale to an incredible trip. This activity is subject to conditions and demand.
The above is just an example of what your dive trip could look like but the team at Prodivers can tailor your adventures to suit your diving dreams. Contact Prodivers for information on their whole range of activities and if you’re not a diver yet, become one at Komandoo!
To help make your dream diving trip a reality check our current special offers.